Welcome to Auraworks, Ltd.
- Contacting Twitter...
(It may be down.)
Hello I'm Aaron U. Salmon — a jovial lad, professional fellow and life enthusiast based out of Chicago, Illinois. As a versatile Interaction Designer & UX Engineer, I strive to architect, design and maximize the impact of web products & initiatives.
What I do. (What I love.)
I love the internets and I'm always on the lookout for interesting projects with fun people. My personal directive is to use my experience applying creativity, design principles, aesthetics and development skills towards the creation of professional, innovative products.
- Skills & Experience
- Every day I work with individuals, teams and businesses on a variety of internet projects.
- Website Design / Redesign
- Web Application Interface & Template Design
- CSS & XHTML / Front-End Development, Usability, IA & User Experience
- Logo Development, Branding & Identity
- Creative Direction & Art Direction
- Blog, CMS, eCommerce Setup & Styling
- Social Marketing / Community & Product Building
- Project Management & Client Communication
- Search Engine Optimization & Analytics
- Comfortable in Agile environments -w Django, Rails, Python, PHP, jQuery; also erb/haml/scss, Rspec & Cucumber frameworks
Learn more about my work, or get in touch to discuss working together or just to chat!
- Info (get vCard or Resume)
- Aaron U. Salmon
- Auraworks, Ltd.
- Web Art Director / Independent Contractor
- Chicago IL 60618 USA
- N 41° 41.932278 W 87° -87.678105
- July 20, 1975
- IM & Communication
- gTalk: email@example.comTalk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AIM: acidargyleAIM: acidargyle
- Skype: acidargyleSkype: acidargyle
- ICQ: 8537803ICQ: 8537803
I've been making the Internet better since 1998 and have passion for both technical growth and creative expression. My personal life in Chicago is an abundance of loved ones, culture, hilariousness & inspiration.
- I’m 37 years old.
- I grew up in the Wisconsin countryside.
- I’m left handed.
- I’m married to a fantastic girl.
- I helped re-elect the President.
- I’m captain of Gold Star Bar's pool team.
- I used to be a wedding DJ.
- I have a hella green thumb and founded a local community garden.
- I’m superstitious about two things.
- I love my bike - and enjoy building new ones.
- I also dig music, screenprinting, frisbee, cooking and coffee.
- I love to volunteer
- View some of my recent work.
Ideas, Ideals & Outlooks
- Citizenship – a word at the very heart of our founding, at the very essence of our democracy; the idea that this country only works when we accept certain obligations to one another, and to future generations. - Barack Obama
- Allow events to change you. - You have to be willing to grow. Growth is different from something that happens to you. You produce it. You live it. The prerequisites for growth: the openness to experience events and the willingness to be changed by them. - From Bruce Mau's "Incomplete Manifesto"
- "That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field... ease of use" - Jack White
- "To clarify add detail. Clutter and overload are not an attribute of information. They are failures of design..." - Edward Tufte
- "The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased, and not impaired, in value." - Theodore Roosevelt
- "Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it." - Mark Twain
- "Go forth under the open sky, and list to nature's teachings." - William Cullen Bryant
- "In such hard times I heard the gentle but strong whisper of the Sequoia gigantea: "Hear me, you poor man. I've stood here more than three thousand years in rain, snow, storm, and even mountain fire still keeping my thankful attitude strongly with nature-do not cry, do not spend your time and energy worrying. You have children following. Keep up your unity; come with me." - Chiura Obata
- "Get to the Chopper" - Dutch